Individual Psychotherapy $160 per session (45-50 min)
Couple/FamilyTherapy $180 per session (55 minutes)
One-time New Client Intake fee – $30
Sliding Scale Available upon Financial Need
Upon request, I provide superbill statements for you to send to your insurance to contribute towards your out of network (OON)benefits or deductible.
Sometimes, insurance companies are willing to do a single case agreement (SCA) if you tell them there is not an insurance provider in your area that is available, provides in-person, or for your specific issues. If they are willing to do a SCA for you, you can arrange for them to contact me to complete paperwork so that your sessions will be covered as if I am an in-network provider.
Benefits of private pay for therapy
1) Confidentiality – when you pay out of pocket for therapy, your therapist can guarantee confidentiality except for ethical exceptions. When you use insurance, it is based on a diagnosis or medical code which becomes part of your permanent health record and may also affect insurance premiums years later.
2) Full Control and Flexibility – your treatment is decided fully by you and not by an insurance company. You do not risk your treatment being denied, and you are able to change up the frequency or modality without having to wait for insurance for authorization.
3) Recommendations – your therapist can decide what is best for you based on his or her assessment, and not an insurance company who has never met you based on diagnosis codes.
4) Reduction in time and hassle – no need to submit paperwork or call the insurance agent about mental health treatment. No need to deal with claim denials.
5) Investment in emotional growth – this has been proven to be more important than intelligence in succeeding in a career or developing a good support system.
5) Reliable Support – Knowing that you have a regular scheduled session time with your therapist can help you get through difficult situations in life. Learning to take advantage of that time and prioritizing the issues that matter to you most is a lifelong skill.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I provide superbill statements to send to insurance which can contribute to your out of network benefits towards your deductible.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. Once you are an established client, you will be able to log in and view your balance and appointments through your client portal.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!