Perspectives for Thought Therapy offers addiction counseling services for 1) people who are beginning to get addicted to using a substance more than they would like or 2) people who have been through a residential or intensive outpatient substance treatment and would like continued therapeutic support to help maintain either sobriety or a low level through a harm reduction model.
More than 15 million Americans struggle with managing their alcohol use. Depending on your genetic predisposition and psychosocial background, you may have had a habit of using alcohol as a maladaptive coping strategy.
– Perhaps you used to only drink at parties and on the weekend, and now you are noticing you are drinking every night during weekdays.
– Maybe you are noticing you would use to just have 1 drink per night and now you are drinking 2 or 3
– Are you noticing that your mood, relationships, or work performance are being affected negatively by your alcohol use?
Excessive alcohol drinking may lead to financial and relationship problems, as well as a variety of medical issues to include liver cirrhosis, increased risk of stroke and cancer, possibility of death.
DRUGS (Stimulants, Opiates, etc.)
Drug addiction symptoms and behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling the need to use the drug regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the drug, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Failed attempts to quit using the drug
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider outpatient therapy to prevent your condition to becoming more serious, or to help support you after intensive treatment.
Natalie has had extensive experience as an addiction therapist in both inpatient and outpatient facilities to include Kaiser Permanente, UCSD Outpatient Psychiatry, Serial Inebriate Program, and county and private rehabilitation treatment centers.
I believe that there are many paths to successful recovery that will work with your goals and desires and ensure you can make the life changes you want to make. Contact me today for a free consultation.